- 1 cup Red kidney beans, soaked over night
- 2 cups coconut cream (fresh if possible)
- 1 onion - large shredded bulb
- 2 tomatoes sliced in small pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt or less, for testing
- 2 green peppers (chilies)
- Boil beans in 2 cups of water until half cooked, if necessary add more water. Some beans are so hard that you may have to add water 3 times. When half cooked, throw out all water, wash under running cold water and put on low fire. Add all other ingredients now, i.e. coconut cream, onion, tomato, green pepper and salt.Stir occasionally with wooden spoon. Use knife or fork, poke the beans to check for softness in order to a certain level of cooking. Your best indicator should be when the beans start to split.
Serving: Eaten with rice, 'Ugali' or bread like curry/gravy.