- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil leaves
- 2 pounds lean pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (28-oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-oz.) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup rosé or white Zinfandel wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium white rose potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- HEAT olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and basil; cook for 1 minute or until onion is tender. Add pork; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, broth, wine, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- ADD potatoes, green beans and cinnamon stick. Cover; cook over low heat for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
Hearty and savory, pumpkin gives this soup a distinctly African tone. The addition of tomato, potato and green beans makes this pork dish a complete meal.