CAT LITTER CASSEROLE
- 1 c Bisquick
- 1 c Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 lb Ground beef, turkey or pork
- 2 c Long grain rice
- 3 3/4 c Water
- 2 ts Salt
- 2 tb Butter or margarine
- preheat the oven to 350F. Using
- clean hans, mix together the dump ingredients in a large bowl. Mold
- pieces of this mixture into various size/shape dumps.
- Place so they don't touch each other in an un greased baking pan. Use
- two if they don't all fit. With an adult's help, bake the dumps for
- about 20 minutes or until they are all brown, firm and slightly
- While the meat cooks, put all four litter ingredients into a large
- saucepan. Then, with an adult's help, heat on high until the water
- comes to a boil. Stir, turn heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer
- without lifting the cover for fourteen minutes.
- With an adult's help, remove the saucepan from the stove and
- carefully (to avoid having your face melted away by the steam), lift
- off the cover. Break apart, or "fluff" the rice with a fork and set
- pan aside.
- When dumps are done, carefully transfer them onto paper towels to
- Spoon the rice and dumps into the now empty baking pan, leaving some
- dumps partially uncovered, the way Kitty does when he/she is in a
- hurry. Serves 8-10 litter box lovers. Use pooper scooper to serve.