- 4 - 3oz to 4oz Portobello Mushrooms (try to find flatter mushrooms instead of rounder, they tend to cook more evenly)
- 4Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4Tbsp Balsamic Vineger
- 2 - Cloves garlic minced (or more to liking)
- 1tsp dried oregano
- 1tsp dried basil
- 1cup Feta Cheese, (authentic greek mixture, or other depending on your taste)
- 4 - Hamburger Buns (Ensure they are sized correctly for the mushrooms)
- Suggested Toppings
- Red Onion
- Carefully pull off mushroom stems ensuring not to break caps, wash caps and gill side in luke-warm water, pat dry caps and set on paper towel (gill-side down, 10min or so) to dry-off.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together, Olive Oil, Vineger, Garlic, oregano and basil and let flavors meld for 20-30mins, stiring occasionally.
- Pour 2tbsp's of the oil mixture onto gill-sides of each mushroom and let sit for another 20-30mins so mushrooms absorb some of the mixture.
- Preheat Grill to medium High Heat, using indirect heat place mushrooms on oiled grill, gill-side up and cook for 4-6 mins. Flip and cook gill-side down for another 4-6 mins (mushrooms may take longer depending on thickness of cap).
- Flip cap again, with gill-side up add 1/4 cup of feta cheese on each mushroom for about 2-3 mins until cheese is hot.
- Place on hambuger buns and dress up burger with your favorite toppings and serve